Because I have been given much I too must give-- LAST WEEK IN THE USA

Holy cow today is my last p-day in America. This time next week I'll probably be stepping off the plane into a totally foreign country where I'll live for the next 16 months! That's crazy!!

Anyway this week has been so good!




This Thursday we had our first in field orientation to make up for the one we will miss for Thanksgiving! It got me so excited to go out and meet real people!! Even though we won't be able to understand each other (our teachers told us native speakers will probably only understand 50% of what we say haha yay :/)

We got our flight plans Friday and holy I am so excited and so nervous haha!! The mission is about to get real!

Also if anyone challenges me to a game of 4 square you will lose. All we do for gym time is run, play 4 square and volley ball and then yoga in the mornings. It's fantastic

We had an awesome Devotional on Sunday about Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! I LOVE this time of year!!!! Anyway it was the first or second counselor in the MTC presidency and his wife. Sister Ralph talked about how we can be so grateful in the good times as well as and especially during the bad times. She told a story of two girls during the holocaust who were taken to a concentration camp. Their circumstances were miserable and yet they were thankful for them. They were even thankful for the flees because since there were so many the soldiers refused to come into their barracks and the girls were kept out of harm. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says "In everything give thanks for this is the Lord's will." We can have things to be grateful for in every circumstance. Our Heavenly Father pours out endless blessings upon us each and everyday.

"Because I have been given much I too must give." That is why I am here on a mission.
I have been so blessed with the most amazing family in the whole world (that now as of last week includes my little nephew William). They love and support me and I am so grateful for their amazing examples. I have been blessed with the coolest friends, the most caring of leaders and teachers, and the most inspiring coaches. I have been blessed to be born into the gospel and understand how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me. I have been blessed with having the Book of Mormon in my life always readily available. With all I have been blessed with how could I not go out and share it with others and help them have these blessings for themselves! That's what missionary work is all about. I LOVE IT!!! #blessed

Anyway I love and am so grateful for you all! Have fun eating pie and Turkey this coming Thursday! I'm pumped for Thanksgiving cuz we not only get to hear from a General Authority but also Nashville Tribute Band is coming and performing for us so we will be jamming out to them! And on top of that we get to do a cool service project! So life is good! And it's always a great day to be a missionary

Love and miss you all
Sister Jenna Connell (Chi Xuan)

Pics
All our Vietnamese names
So in Vietnam they can't pronounce our names so we have to get new ones.So for the next 16 months I will known as Chi Xuan which means "Spring"
Us just walking back from our last temple trip for the next 16 months




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4