"If ye have not Charity, ye are nothing" (Mosiah 7:46)

Xin Chao Gia Dinh va Ban!
What is up everybody! I'm just living it up here at the MTC! It's crazy but I only have 2 and half more weeks until I'm on my way to good old Vietnam! I am so excited and also terrified haha! It's weird being here for so long because i see a lot of friends come and go and I am still here. Elder Tredwell officially left yesterday so that's sad, and Elder Sonne leaves tomorrow which is crazy cuz he literally just got here! Same with Elder Mendosa, Sister Godfrey and a ton of other missionaries I know (which turns out when you live in Utah you know a lot!)

Anyway this week has been good! We got to be the Missionaries who demo-ed "How to begin teaching" to all the little newbie missionaries last Wednesday! It was super fun and it was in English so that rocked!

TEACHING: SO teaching has been interesting this week. We taught our less active member Anh Minh and it was the worst lesson I have ever been a part of in my entire life. It was hard, he was sad, the comp unity just wasn't there, I couldn't understand what he was saying and the spirit was just not there. It was very weird. But it was an awesome learning experience. I learned that if my comp and me are not unified we can't have the spirit. I learned that if I can't understand what people are saying I probably shouldn't try and guess what they are saying. So yeah it was hard but good.

TRC: Okay so this is a cool story so buckle up. A couple weeks ago we taught a guy named Huy in our TRC. It was so hard. He was from Vietnam so he spoke very fast and had a hard time understanding us and was kinda intimidating. I was so tense the whole time. After we taught we talked about charity and how we need to love the people we teach. I was like um I can love everyone else but idk if I can love him. Anyway we were challenged to pray for charity towards our investigators. Each week me and my comp are like "I hope we don't have to teach Huy again." And we haven't until this past Saturday. We found out who we were teaching and I was like oh boy here we go." So we go into teach him and I am completely relaxed. We start off our lesson and it was awesome. We could feel the spirit and I wasn't scared to talk to him. The best part is I understood every single word he said! I repeat EVERY single word!!  I don't even understand everything our teachers say in Vietnamese! But I understood him because I had been praying to love him and understand him! It was the coolest experience! so yeah that was dope

DEVOTIONAL: Our devotional rocked this Sunday! The speaker was the Choir teacher and man he is so spiritual and so excited about missionary work it's insane! He always shares the coolest stories and such deep doctrine! He talked about a couple hymns and the stories behind the people who wrote them! it was awesome! My favorite thing is to listen to him talk about Jesus. He has the strongest testimony of him. He talked about How painful and scary the atonement had to have been, Christ read about what he was going to do in the Bible. He knew the pain and suffering he was going to be put under and he was nervous. He called out to his father (Abba or Daddy) to "remove this cup" if there is any other way I will do it. But he did the will of his father. And then Brother Eggett went on to say if you ever think "I can't do this" while your on your mission you're right, you can't. But Jesus can and he will help you.

FUNNY STORY: Okay so last week one of our Elders was trying to do some cool parkour trick and he fell and hurt his hand. All the elders were like haha toughen up it serves you right anyway. The rest of the day he kinda just sits there in pain. The next day he goes to the doctor and they x-ray it and it turns out its totally broken! So they have to travel to the outside world and get a cast. Then here is the not so funny part, the doctor says he has to stay in Provo until they can remove the cast and to physical therapy which means he has to be here for another 2 months!!!!! That is quite the bummer.

Anyway that's about it for this week! ALSO IT SNOWED TODAY!! I could not be a happier missionary. That was my dream for it to snow before I left to a land that never sees snow!

Love and miss you all! 
Sister Jenna Connell!

our cute Thai sisters in our zone found us this shirt and bought it for us!
me awkwardly saying goodbye to elder tredwell cuz we cant touch each other or be in a pic together without our comps (also never let boys take pictures for you cuz they are blurry and they only take one haha)
the Christmas lights are up!
when you pray so much (18+ times a day) you get little sores on your knees
The Germans had a ton of candy so we went trick or treating and these are our spoils.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4