For God Loveth a Cheerful Giver

​​Xin Chao Gia Dinh va Ban cua Chi

First off I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year! I can't even believe it's already 2018!

Anyway these past 3 weeks have been packed!!! We didn't really get to email on Christmas or New Years cuz we were super busy so don't worry I am still very much alive and well!

Anyway I'm just gunna give a list of all the good things that have happened:

Christmas: Always a pleasure talking to the fam. We also went over to the senior couple in our areas house and played games, rode hoover boards, and ate a delicious Christmas dinner

New Years: We went on a zone outing to Ninh Bin. We went out on the river and through the mountains and caves there and visited some sweet Buddhist pagodas! pictures below

Baptisms: We had two baptisms!!!!! Em Thaos was last saturday and Chi Ngas was this Saturday!! Talk about starting and ending the year off great! They are so happy and such good examples!

Mission calls: Em An got her mission call!!! She's staying here in good old Vietnam!! She is so excited! She keeps looking at me and sticking out her hand for me to shake and saying "Companion!" It's so funny!!

Funny stories: So we had a few funny stories. First off I am going to be super disappointed when I get back to America and every male I see is not going to stop what they are doing (including looking where they are going while they are driving) and stare speechlessly at us until we pass and hear them shout "You are beautiful!" It seriously is so funny and never gets old.

Also everyone thinks we are Russian. We got in an elevator this week and there were two people and they started talking to each other in Vietnamese about how we where probably from Russia. Then my comp says in Vietnamese back "Actually we are from America." Then they were both like "Whoa.... you speak very good Vietnamese." We had a good laugh about that.

The other day we were trying to contact and I was going to go say hi to these 3 ladies. I told my comp to see what they were talking about so I could maybe try and use that to start a convo. But then she's like "Whoa... either I forgot how to speak Vietnamese or that is another language!" turns out they were Korean so when I said Xin Chao they just glared at me. We didn't end up contacting them

Investigators: We have the best investigators and we just found 2 more. One is Anh Hung and he is a straight up ninja. He won the American Ninja warrior but the Vietnamese version. So Vietnam ninja warrior. The other one was so cute the other day and she came late to an appointment b/c she couldn't find a taxi so she ran to the church in the rain! It was awesome! She loves the Book of Mormon!

Spiritual goodness: I've been reading the 4th missionary talk this past week and holy it is so good! It talks about how being on a mission really does require your heart, might, mind and strength. I definitely recommend to all those going on missions!

 "Give me all. I don't want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work: I want You. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man. but to kill it. No half-measures will do. I don't want to only prune a branch here and another there; rather, I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart." (Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis, p. 167)

Scripture of the week:
2 Corinthians 9:7.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Let's cheerfully give of our hearts so that we may do the will of the Lord. Only when we allow ourselves to be happy and to change will God help us be happy and to be changed!

Love and miss you all!
Keep on Keepin On!

Em Thaos Baptism

Chi Ngas Baptism


santa came to visit for christmas


Vietnam is super green

Our elders just cruising on the hoover boards

our super cool outing


Comments

  1. Jenna! It is so hard to believe you are really half a world away and in this incredibly beautiful place. I am so proud of you. Thank you for serving the Lord and make a difference in the place that you are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4