The work is hopping in Vietnam!

Xin Chao Gia Dinh va Ban cua Chi!!

What is up everybody!! Holy Cow I got to tell ya the I have had more adventures here in the past week than the whole time i was at the MTC. The mission field is crazy!

First off we live in the center of the city of Hanoi! The city itself is gigantic. It takes like 5 hours to drive across and it's all city. Lots of big tall buildings, crowded streets, and lots of variety between very clean rich places that are really really nice and then small dirty not so rich places and then an in between. 

On Monday We watched the Christmas Devotional with the Thomasons (a senior couple who is also from Kaysville!) and it was so good! definitely recommend!! I love the Christmas Season!!! Also we are trying to get the members to do the Light the World activities each day and they are loving it!

Traffic here is insane!! I'm just glad I am a missionary here and get an extra layer of protection cuz the amount of times I thought i was going to get hit was too many haha! also I broke my shoe in the middle of traffic and almost lost it so that was fun.

Weird story of the week: Okay so in all the little alleys here and on the streets there are just random clusters of little blue stool chairs you use as like a little kid. And people are just sitting there and drink and smoke giant asian hookas and people sell stuff from their stools. So we went to visit a less active in one of the alleys and sat down with her and just messaged her hand, cuz she is old, while she was selling beer and letting people smoke her giant asian hooka. We could understand her great and she could understand us. But we just sat and listened and then we left. It was super odd haha!.

Anyway the investigators and members here are awesome! I feel like we don't have to do anything and the people just come to us. Last week we had a girl come up to us after English class and ask if she could learn about the Book of Mormon and so we set up an appointment and then at the end of the lesson she asked "Wait will praying help my faith grow?" and we were like yeah and she was all "Can you teach me how to pray?" and we were all like yeah!! so that was awesome!!!

Also we went contacting alot which I love!! i just can't speak the language so I'll say "Hi what's your name?" and then they say something and I have no clue what they say. So that's hard but we contacted like 10 people in one day and they all are interested in something and we saw a couple of them at church this week!! so yeah that's awesome!

Also Scripture of the week: Alma 17:10-11- it's all about patience which i have had to learn alot about lately! I've been studying Christlike attributes each week and this is the one I decided i needed to work on and its been awesome!

Anyway that's about all I have time for! Missionary work is just hopping here in Vietnam!!
Love and miss you all 
Sister Jenna Connell

Pictures:
Gingerbread houses we made at the Branchinghams ( an american family who lives here!)
Chistmas cards we made for young womens
the church all set up for Christmas
A street in Vietnam





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4