Where Can I Turn for Peace?

Xin Chao Gia Dinh va Ban

Hello Hello Hello! wow another week has flown by and holy cow it's been a crazy one!

We meet a ton of people here and some of them are way funny. A guy came up to us the other day and he's like do you speak English and know the area? we are like yeah! so he asked us where something was and we told him and he starts asking us questions like where are you from are you living here and why. He asked us if we were students and we are like no we actually do service for our church. As soon as we said church he turns around and is like oh I am from Russia good bye. I don't think he was interested in our message.

Another guy we met was riding his moterscooter right next to us just looking at us (which happens alot) then we pulled up to a stop and he stops beside me and is like "You are beautiful!" and I'm all "Thanks you speak good English. Want to come to church?" And he said yeah so we gave him a card. He didn't come though-- haha

Also we got to go to a members house this week! This is the first time I've actually been to someone's house cuz usually we just teach at the church. We got a little lost but eventually found it. We sat cross legged on the floor and I need to do some stretching cuz I was so sore by the end haha! but we just read scriptures to the member cuz she can't come to church right now cuz she is taking care of her sick father in law. But it was so cute cuz on the wall was a poster of her niece's goals in life and on it, among other things, was a picture of the temple and a picture of the young women's medalion. It was so cute! I love the members here!!!

Anyway our investigators are doing awesome! I am starting to teach more in Vietnamese which is great. I can't say much and I can't follow along with the conversation great if at all, but it's cool. We have a couple more right now and a million recent converts so we are super busy!

Spiritual thought of the day: Since it's Christmas we have been learning a lot about the Savior in our studies. Our mission president gave us a Christmas Advent study packet with talks and poems and songs to read each week. This week's was about the enabling power of the Atonement. The talk is called "Strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ" by Dallin H Oaks and oh my it was so good!
He talks about how we all go through really hard times and the Savior has felt exactly how we feel and because of that He can help us and succor us perfectly. When we ask "Where can I turn for peace?" in our anguish, pain and sorrow it is "He, only one." The hard times will always be for our good. And when we feel we cant get through them we can turn to Him because we can't do it on our own. I am so grateful for my Savior and the opportunity to celebrate His birth and his life this season! It's the most wonderful time of the year!!! Remember to serve Him through your service to others!

Love Sister Jenna Connell


Another pic of me in the old part of town
A cool church

Went to the old part of town for pday--super dope

Temple with the ancient Vietnamese characters

Some of the members and my comp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4