Thailand, transfers, and training

Hey, sorry for no email last week I was in Thailand!

Also we had transfers last week and I am training! My little trainee is Chi Mai Anh and she is from California. And let me tell you she is the funniest person I have ever met! Also I love missionaries straight out of the MTC just cuz there is so much fire and spirit and they learn how to do it right in the MTC!
This week was a little slower just because a lot of our investigators canceled on us. But we had some really really good lessons with Trinh and Duc and Tri. In our lesson Trinh just looked at us and said "how do you apply the scriptures? I know these can help me but can you give me an example?" It was so cute! It was funny though as we were sharing an experience the dad gets up to get something from the kitchen and there must have been quite a surprise for him cuz next thing you know he is yelling the most colorful words I have heard my whole mission. It's funny sometimes the only words people know in English are all the really bad ones. Also they fed us goat meatloaf the other day and that was interesting. Also Duc is getting so into the Book of Mormon it is awesome! She loves it! also Tri came to church and he loved it as well! I love when they love it and reach out to us to learn more! That's when you can really tell those who have been prepared by God! I love it!
Also we had the cutest lesson with Em Vy! We taught the 10 commandments and we taught the 2nd one not worshiping idols and ancestors but how we can still respect them and pray to God for them. Then she told us that every day at 7 pm her family will pray to their ancestors but then afterwards she always goes upstairs and prays and reads the Book of Mormon. Teaching younger kids is so amazing because they just have so much faith! I'm starting to understand why Christ always wants us to become like a little child! Because they love Jesus and are so faithful! 

Also we have been focusing more on the Book of Mormon with our investigators because that is what is going to convert them more than anything we say. It's been amazing to see the difference. Investigators who once were struggling are now progressing so fast and it's as if some of their concerns are no longer a problem! It's so awesome! I also have been doing President Nelson's challenge of reading the Book of Mormon again and although I am a little behind I have never gotten so much out of the Book of Mormon in my life! It is amazing and I am seeing why we need our investigators to read it!
We also have a cool story about one of our new investigators Anh Tri! basically we met this kid at a coffee shop and he was like where are you from and then he asked if I like UofU or BYU and I was like what?!?! you're Vietnamese how do you know what BYU is let alone Utah? and then he told us how he was going to go to BYU and join our church to get a cheaper tuition but then he had some concerns about word of wisdom so he changed his plans. We teach him in English cuz he has a stutter in Vietnamese and his English is fantastic. He just wants to be happy and he has lost a lot of faith in God because of some hard experiences. He is so awesome though and I am so excited to bring him the hope of the gospel!
Okay that's about it! love you all have a great week! 

Love Sister Connell

Hey from Thailand
some of the ysa members
me and my trainee







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4