Declare my word and I will prepare a place for them." -D&C 31; Week 15

Xin Chao Cac Anh Chi Em... Talofa!
This week our sacrament meeting turned into a Samoan branch when one of our elders (who is not even Samoan) went up to give a talk and taught everyone how to do that. It was pretty humorous.

Anyway what a week! I don't think I will ever have a boring day out in the mission field. Anyway this week we spent a lot of time with members and trying to get referrals.

We went to Phuong An's house and she is vegetarian and so funny and makes really good food! but we got to meet her husband and it was a huge step for us! She told us that she met him by stalking him on facebook and then wouldn't marry him until he stopped being so fat because "Vietnamese people don't like fat people. We all like to look sexy." hahah I died it was so funny!

Also we had Zone training and had a couple Area Seventy come in and talk to us about not being unwearying and they talked a lot about optimism and Pres Hinckley, so I have been studying his talks more recently and they are soo good!! They also talked about how "Faith is the power that causes things to happen that should happen." I love that! also if you are looking for a good scripture on missionary work D&C 31 is money.

We had some awesome contacts this one, One lady, Salem, who owns a smoothie shop. One of the RS pres friends, I call him Mr. smiley cuz I forget everyone's name and he has a fantastic smile! and then Mr. Alma which is a funny story cuz he works for a company named Alma and he was holding a sign that said that and so we went up to him and were like "Hey we have a book with guys named Alma want to hear more about it?" He was totally pumped about it and we are meeting him this week!

Anyway other than that life is great! Chi Linh and Chi Dieu both have baptismal dates for March so we are sooo excited for that! The language is coming along. Sometimes I feel like Ron in Harry Potter when Hermione is all "Its leviosa not leviosa" ... Like all the time and I'm all-- it sounds the same haha! buts it's cool, it's coming!

Anyway keep on keeping on everybody and I hope you all have fanastic weeks!

Love your favorite missionary Sister Jenna Connell

Also computer is not working so no pics this week :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4