Behold, the Spirit of the Lord has called [her] another way -Alma 22:4

bonjour amis et famille!

^^ that's not Vietnamese that's French. Why? I'll tell you in a sec.
So this week has been crazy. Monday we had interviews with President and turns out I was going to be transferred to Ho Chi Minh! So hello from the South. It's so different here. Hanoi is basically a mix of New York and DC (so lots of business people and students) and the South is like California. A lot more chill and laid back and so many families and children! and holy cow it's so hot and humid! I am so grateful for Air Conditioning! Also the food, fruit, smoothies and juices are cheaper so that rocks!

Anyway, I also have a new companion who is from France and knows about as much English as i know of Vietnamese. So I might come back knowing French and Vietnamese so that rocks.

Anyway before I moved out we had mission conference on Wednesday and Elder Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I saw him in the MTC too so it was super cool to hear from him again!.  He talked how we are in the place the Lord wants us to be and to stop asking why. He is the one who has called us. He has sent us to our areas and given us the companions we have for a reason. It's not just by chance. He said we must live in the moment we are in and do the very best with what we have. Then he went on to tell us the story of Peter and Cornilius in Acts 10. Cornelius the centurion had been prepared by the Lord and because Peter was willing to follow the promtimngs of the Lord even when he was busy doing other things,  He was able to meet Cornelius and convert Him. He then told us we are here to find our Corneliuses. That should be our motivation. there are people in my areas that the Lord has prepared just for me to find and share the gospel with. So that was pretty cool to hear expecially with this whole Emergency transfer happening. I have had alot of those lately but I know I am being called where the Lord needs me.

The rest of the week was pretty chill. We have to bike alot more cuz Ho Chi Minh is alot more spread out but I don't mind cus I get to see more of the country. We had dinner at the Branch President's house on Saturday and they had Geckos all over the wall to eat all the bugs and it was so funny to watch. Also they made some killer Teriaki chicken.

One of my favorite parts of this area though is Sunday evenings we get to go teach English at an orphanage and it is so awesome! They are mostly older kids and teenagers and they are the best! One of them we call Beiber cuz he loves Justin Beiber and he is the sweetest kid and always gives the elders the biggest hugs! It's so cute!

We also found like an entire extended family to teach! We contacted a lady and met her at her house the next day and all her cousins walked over to listen to us and her parents and grandparents and her little brother and all his friends. It was seriously the coolest thing! So I am super excited for that! Also there are a couple American families in our ward and one of them is from Kaysville Utah!!! It's such a small world

Anyway I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love Sister Jenna Connell

pics-District 7 back at it again (MTC group minus a few in Austrailia and Cambodia) also my eyes are closed which is dumb of me but whatever haha




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4