If there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity

Xin chao moi nguoi

So officially I have been out on the mission for 6 months! that is insane! I can't even believe it! I have learned and grown more in this past 6 months than probably any other time in my life. While I still don't know the language perfectly or how to teach perfectly I am so grateful I can be in Vietnam and help others. I'm so grateful for all I have become and the opportunity to learn about my Savior and follow His example.

This week has been another crazy week. We had a lesson with an investigator with really hard deep questions about the Plan of Salvation and they were questions that I'm sure everyone at some point has. It was hard though cuz they are just the kind of questions where you just have to trust God's plan even if you don't know the answers and he didn't really like that. But afterward we taught Chi Hoa again and she is just awesome! she just listens and enjoys what we say and her son is literally the cutest kid ever. We always start out the lesson reading the Book of Mormon in English and Vietnamese and he loves speaking English. We taught him how to say "I want to eat chicken" but he couldn't ever remember so he would just say "I'm a chicken!" Oh man it was so funny! He can't read yet but he will just repeat after us. When we were reading in Vietnamese my french comp (who doesn't know Vietnamese) was helping him and oh man we were laughing so hard.

Also on Wednesday, we had Zone conference and it was awesome! we talked about Faith, Hope and Charity and how those relate to missionary work. They are all centered in the Atonement of Jesus Christ, that's where our faith and hope are. His atonement was the ultimate gift of charity and without charity this work means nothing. We have to love the people we serve in order to be effective
Moroni 10:20 Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity.

We also talked about how Christ is the Master teacher. He listened, he loved, he served and he asked questions, he showed us the perfect way. If we follow His example we will be able to become greater teachers and greater missionaries.

Also, I had the coolest contacting experience the other day with a deaf man. We were sitting on the bus and a guy looks at me points at my nose and gives me and thumbs up. (They like tall noses here) so I go sit by him and he just looks at me like I am a ghost. And I say "Xin chao" and he just shakes his head and points to his ears. So I pull out a notebook and write down some things and we use a lot of hand signals and I actually understood him way better than if he was speaking Vietnamese! It was awesome and we "talked" about his like and the book of Mormon and it was such a cool experience and I couldn't help but think afterward about the Savior and how he healed the deaf and how one day that man, through the resurrection will be able to hear. That just made me so happy.

Oh also in this district we get to teach English at an orphanage. Its the orphanage one of our missionaries grew up in and the kids are soo sweet. They have people ages like 6-26  and they are all so happy and love us haha. My favorite is one of the kids who is like 15 and his English name is Bieber and he always comes up to us and tells us how much he loves us! It is sooo awesome

Anyway, other than that I'm just living the mission life! One of my companions goes home tomorrow and then it's just me and Chi Perroud (I love having a french comp cuz she makes goood food!) Hope you all have a great week!

Love Sister Connell






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4