Water water everywhere...Thank goodness for the "Living Water"


Xin Chao!
Hey hope you all had a great Mother's days last week!

The last couple of weeks we have had some interesting water stories. Last week started off with one of our water bills not getting paid so we didn't have water for like 3 days haha! that was not fun let me tell you. It makes me laugh though cuz you know that it's rainy season-- there is so so much water every where all the time and we are always soaked in sweat and rain but we didn't even have enough running water to wash our hands. Don't worry though. We used our drinking water to stay clean haha! But I'll tell you, a real shower has never felt so good in my life! Also in Vietnam they have these little sprayers in the bathroom (we use them to clean the floors but I think they have a different purpose.) but anyway the thing broke and so water was spraying everywhere and we couldn't turn it off! We totally flooded our bathroom and we were so soaked haha! Speaking of flooding the rain flooded our church Sunday Morning so we got to help clean that up and still get sacrament started on time!

Anyway besides all the water this week was super good! We had transfers and I am in district 7.  It's again pretty far out from the city and we live by this beautiful river which I love! Anyway the members here rock, we have some solid investigators, one with a baptismal date, one who wants to be baptized and another new one. Also Em Linh got baptized!!! I'm super happy for her! She is like my little Vietnam sister! But I'm also sad cuz she is in my old area so I didn't get to see it.

We have really been focusing on our less-actives though and trying to help them a lot. Most of them are all old time members who were baptized before the mission opened. Ones name is Co Kieu and she is awesome and has been to the temple but just doesn't feel like people like her at church. We went to her house the other day and called her and yelled and she said she wasn't home but eventually she answered the door and we ate with her and shared testimonies of the Book of Mormon and you could really feel God's love for this lady and we knew she could feel it too. It was super cool.

Also the BYU singers came and performed in Vietnam and we took one of our potential investigators there and she loved it! Another of our investigators was going to come but it started raining and Vietnamese people hate the rain. So she didn't come.

Anyways this week has been awesome! I got to serve with my MTC companion again for a couple of days because her new comp was super sick! It was so fun and we have both learned and grown so much since the beginning! it was so cool to see! Missions are awesome! I have seen so many miracles this week and in the past 8 months and it is so cool to see God's hand in all things.

It's ironic with all the water experiences I had-- our Mission President talked about how Christ is the Living Water, He is the source of life. When we turn to Him and His gospel we will never thirst. We can become clean from all our sins and mistakes. Through Him and His Atonement we can live with God again "But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14)

Hope you all Have a great week!!! I love and pray for you!

Sister Connell

Thu Duc district

I love spring rolls!

Our broken bathroom sprayer and my cute new comp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4