Remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation-Helaman 5:12

Xin Chào buổi sáng family and friends!

In case you are wondering I made sure that every hymn we sung this week was on pages 338-341. I even tried to get my comp to memorize the Star Spangled Banner. She refused haha! But was deeply impressed by the song haha!

It was another slow week but hey that's okay! We have had a lot more time to focus on Em Ly this week and were even able to talk to her family and they said she can get baptized and they are also open to hearing the gospel! So yay! What a blessing! It's so cool to see her progress in the gospel and actually apply it in her life!

Other than Em Ly all our other investigators are out of town, busy with work, don't want to meet, decided to move 4 hours away or about to have a baby. So we have done a lot of work with members, less actives and potential investigators (PIs). We got to go clean Co Kieu's new house and start painting the walls. That was super fun but I kept getting called out by Co Kieu. She just kept saying "Yeah Chi Xuan (that's me) doesn't ever understand a word I say" which I have heard so much that I understand all of those words haha! But it's okay! The fact that I can understand people's insults means I am progressing in the language! Haha but I love her and she always gives us yummy food and is happy to see us most of the time!

We also have a new investigator which is awesome! Her name is Chi Thu and she loves the idea of eteranal marriage! Her husband is also here visiting for a couple months beacues he is from Austria and works over there a lot! He is super cool and also open to learning a little about our church! So yay!

Also we had one of our PIs come to our translating class before church and he decided to stay for Sacrament meeting! He said he wants to bring his daughter with him next week! Awesome! He says he is not ready to learn about our church yet but the Lord is preparing him and it's exciting to see!

On Thursday we got to meet our new mission president! He is awesome! He talked a little bit about the process of building a house in a 3rd world country and how it's similar to our work here. You have to start by digging a hole. And let me tell you when you are digging you feel like you are literally doing nothing but pushing dirt around. And at the end of the day you look at all your hard work and say "Wow I just spent a long time moving dirt." It's the hardest part to do and also the hardest part to see any results from.  But it's one of the most important parts because it's making it possible to lay a strong foundation. At the end of the week you can look back and say "Wow I just dug a really big hole! Awesome!" But you might still ask "How is this supposed to be a house?" with time and continued effort on your part and the part of others in time it becomes a house and hard to even imagine it was the same place you here digging a hole. Same with this mission. It may not feel like the effort we do results in much but it is laying the foundation. And when there are finally Stakes and a temple you can look back and say wow its hard to even imagine this was the same place as before.

It's the same with every part of our lives. When we build our foundation on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and let His atonement change us we can look back and say wow it's hard to even imagine the person I was before because I have become so much more!

Anyway Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love sister Jenna Connell

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing
Jenna couldn't get pictures to send, so I posted this little gem I found on Facebook
-Jenna's Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4