And thus began the 20th year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi

Thanks everybody for all the birthday wishes! It will honestly be a birthday to remember!

Here's what happened:
Exchanges with the sisters. They were sooo good! Sometimes we learn the most from the people we are supposed to be teaching. I thought I was there to help Chi Ngoc but she was definitely there to help me. She is so full of the spirit and such an amazing teacher! One of the lessons we were at, we had the boyfriend of our investigator Chi Phung say the closing prayer and it was so cute a powerful I might have teared up haha!

Also on Saturday we were able to meet with oen of the members and help her learn piano. It was one of the funnest service opportunities I have ever done. We would show her how to play and then slowly she would pick out the notes with the most amount of concentration I have ever seen. After she would just turn and say "How was it" and when we said "It was great" she just relaxed and just smiled and squealed with excitement and gratitude! It was the cutest thing ever! I love her!

Then on Sunday Em Thanh got baptized!!! Yay!!!! She seriously loves this gospel so much and probably studies harder than me. All she wanted for her baptism was the seminary at home textbook so she could study the book of mormon better! Her testimony of the book of mormon is soo so powerful and every time we read with her she teaches us more than we teach her! And the biggest miracle is her parents came! Her greatest desire is to have them sealed in the temple for time and all eternity!

All our other investigators are doing well! It was independence day this weekend so a lot of them were out of town. So it was a slower week but still so good! But there was one new investigator who meets for 30 min of english 30 minutes of learning about God. We asked her to come with 3 questions about God that we could help her learn about Him. Her questions were "Does God have children?" "How do you know about God" "Why do people believe in God?" I love teaching people about their Heavenly Father! especially to those who do not yet know about Him but have a desire to know! I know we are His children and He loves us and He wants us to become like Him!

Spiritual thought:
I just recently finished the war chapters again in the Book of Mormon. Since I am a old 20 year old lady now I was looking at what the Nephites were doing in the 20th year of the reign of the judges. In Alma 49 and 50 the Nephites are  preparing for the Lamenites. They are preaching the gospel and fortifying their cities especially the weak ones. It makes me think of the war we are in against satan.  Just like the cities they are building we must fortify ourselves and prepare before hand. We do this through living the gospel, reading the scriptures, serving praying, pondering. We must come unto the Lord so He can show us our weak areas and help us to rebuild them. It's so fun to compare the scriptures and see that like the Nephites I have the opportunity of preaching the gospel and building up the city of Zion in Vietnam! I love it so much!
So that's a cool thought for the week! I would love to hear all of your cool Book of Mormon insights from this week

Okay thats all! Love you all so much and I wish you the best week!
Love Sister Connell

pics
Em Thanhs baptism
Some of our investigators at dinner
Exchanges with the sistas
definitely went all out on my bday with the cake and ice cream
look how cute this mini banana is










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4