Conference and burnt offerings :-)

Saying of the week: muốn biết phải hỏi muốn giỏi phải học
Basically means if you want to know you have to ask, if you want to be competent you have to study.
I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!! man, I can't tell you how much I love it. I can honestly say this was the most distracted, crazy stressful conference but I just love listening to these inspired men of God answer so many questions that I have and questions of those I am teaching! I loved how there was such a great focus on becoming like Christ as we love God and others! I invite all of you to continue to read those messages and strive to apply them!

This week was pretty good! I had exchanges with Sister Anderson so that was fun to do some missionary work with someone I know!

We had a really cute experience with one of our investigators with prayer. She called us on the phone in tears the other and asked if we could meet and so we did. she had just had a hard day and told us the sweetest experience of how she felt so alone and didn't know what to do so she prayed! I love that even though they know so little about God they know that they can always rely on Him!

We also have been meeting lots of families recently. We have really good lessons but they never want to keep meeting. But they always love prayer and say they will continue to pray so that makes me happy!

We also had a cool experience with one of our investigators before conference. We met with Him and planned to teach the Plan of Salvation but ask we got in the lesson he just asked: "Can you teach me more about Christ today?" YES! that is our message to the world is to share about Christ! So we opened up to Mosiah 3 and just shared about His earthly ministry and atonement! He stopped us at every verse and asked us what we thought about these verses. He was so sad when we ended. I love teaching about Jesus!

Okay, so funny Story. Since it was general conference weekend you got to have cinnamon rolls right? So I was all, okay I will make some cinnamon rolls for breakfast. So I tried and they were super ugly but I'm all that's okay they will still taste good. So I pop them in our little mini toaster oven and let them bake while I get ready. Then I check them with like 5 minutes left then go back to getting ready. Then I hear my comp give a little sqeal and run across our apartment so I pop out of the room and our cinamon rolls are on fire and she is running around with a towel trying to put it out! Lets just say the rolls didnt look good or taste good haha!

Okay, thats all! Love you all tons and I invite all of you to take President Nelson's challenge to read the Book of Mormon and attend the temple! I know as you do you will feel closer to the Lord and a greater peace in your life!

Also, Pres Chiles shared this peom with me in an interview and said it should be my life motto. its so good! hope you get a chance to read it http://www.gauraw.com/get-up-and-win-the-race-a-poem-by-dr-d-h-dee-groberg/

Have a good week!
Sister Connell

Some cute little girls at the park
our lovely burnt cinamon rolls



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4