My heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God

So this week we taught one of our investigators preparing for baptism about temple and he loved it. He always has questions about marriage and how it works in the church and so to know that families can be sealed together was such sweet moment! The next day he came up to us after english class and he asks "So like girls in the church, can you like, like them? if so I think I'll try it." Haha awesome.

Anyway this week was a super rough one to begin with but finished with a lot of miracles. We had a lot of investigators text us and tell us they don't want to learn anymore. And then in weekly planning we had to drop some more. And almost all of our appointments fell through and no one wanted to listen to what we had to say so finding was not successful. Also we had just like a lot of weird situations like going to meet someone st a coffee shop and then while we are waiting a bunch of musicians come in and start playing maroon 5 and stuff. Didn't think I would ever go to a concert on my mission... So pretty much a lot of things that could go wrong did. But we decided to keep our heads up and look for the small tender mercies. So Sunday comes around and we are pretty exhausted but we wake up call our people coming to church one last time and head on over. We were super happy to see one of our people brought a friend to church. And then as we are sitting there and like 10 minutes into the meeting the door opens in the back and just a ton of people come in. So we go back to help them find seat and it's all of our investigators and their friends and a handful of PIs. It was like nothing I have ever seen! and then they all wanted to meet and were all so ready and willing to accept. And then afterwords we got a call from 3 of the people who didn't show up to appointments from the last week apologizing and wanting to meet right then! So it was a super busy day but so so amazing! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to see the Lords' miracles. I know i don't even deserve to be a part of them but I know the Lord loves us and even though i didn't need a miracle He still showed me one. I feel like Ammon when he says:
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Other than that it has been really really interesting to be teaching so many people of other faiths who already believe in Jesus Christ. For so long i have been able to have the opportunity to introduce Jesus Christ for the first time to some of these people. But now as we have been meeting those who have faith in him already my testimony of the book of mormon and restoration has grown so much! I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and contains the full gospel of Jesus Christ restored through Joseph Smith. We had a cute little old lady ask if she could borrow a book of mormon to see if what we said was true. We also had one family when we said we could give them one for free she said "Where is it. I want it now." Haha it was so cute.
Okay that's all for this week!

Keep on Keepin on!
Love Chi Xuan

Also I am so lame and didn't get any pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible