"He went about doing good"

So let's just say this week has been HOT HOT HOT. It's getting into the summer part of the year and man I have never sweat so much in my life! The past couple days have been 100'F and like 98% humidity. But that just part of missionary work I guess!

This week started out pretty chill. Tuesday we met with Chi Be and it was awesome cuz we went back through the plan of salvation since she did not understand it at all last time. It was awesome though cuz at the end she said she totally understood what we said! Which is good progress cuz usually she doesn't! Then we got a baptismal date for her which is awesome!! we also did some service and got laughed at again cuz we never know what people are saying haha. Then had some dinner with some American members in our branch who have lived here for 7 years!

Wednesday was a busy day. We had 2 appointments fall through and a crazy adventure to find a potential investigator's house. We took so many buses and walked so far and asked so many people if they knew the address we had. It was some awesome contacting opportunities but I learned that if you ask people here for directions they probably will just point in some random direction to get you to stop talking to them haha! Then Thursday we went on an assignment to meet with a less-active and that was an even crazier adventure. We got on so many buses and accidentally took a wrong one but the people were very helpful and helped us find the right one. Then we walked for like 2 miles in the hot sun and asked some old ladies where the address was and they took us all over the city and we still didn't find it. Turns out the address we were given was wrong though haha! but we found it and by that time we had to go back to the Church for English class so we shared a short 10 minute message and then went back. It was exhausting and I basically killed my comp-- she was wrecked. We slept very well that night. Also, I've got some killer tan lines! which I will show in pics later! Friday was another day full of biking and traveling but we met with a lot of our investigators who are not quite understanding the message we are trying to share. So that's been frustrating but it's growing our patience!

The rest of the week was not so crazy which was super good! We had a couple of visitors at church from California and they brought someone they met on the street to the church and we are having a lesson with her tonight which I am so excited for! Also, we visited Beiber (one of the kids at the orphanage we teach English at) cuz he got surgery and it's so sad. He is hurting pretty bad but he was happy to see us.

Spiritual Thought: This week I have been trying to focus on teaching in the Savior's way. I have been reading the 4 gospels about Christ's life and how he helped and ministered to others. I have been trying to focus on not just teaching but serving, loving and comforting those in need. It is so much more enjoyable when I am focused on that than when I am focused on reaching numbers (which I never thought I would do but I guess it happens). This last general conference focused so much on ministering like Christ. "He went about doing good."  It's as simple as that. Sharing the gospel, fulfilling callings, ministering can all be done in the Savior's way as we focus on going about doing good.

Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love Sister Jenna Connell!


some kids we watched play some soccer while we called investigators.

A large cluster of goats just chillin in the shade of someones house.

Beiber in the hospital



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4