... and [she] fell, and the fall thereof was exceedingly great. 1 Nephi 11:36

So there is a saying that goes around here that says you're not a missionary in Vietnam until you have had your first crash. So let's just say I am officially a missionary! Haha it wasn't a bad crash just enough to be legit and spill all of my companion's and my french croissants all over the road. I think that was the worst part was loosing those croissants! We got to go to the hospital and check out my back and the doctors were way cool! They were all from the Phillipines and guess what!? they knew who mormons were! One was even an investigator 3 years ago and still talks to the Elders who taught him! So we invited them all to church gave them what was left of our croissants and headed out on our way! So yeah that explains the picture below!

Other than that it's been a pretty chill week! The language is always hard but we are getting some good laughs out of it. I got to translate for the American families on Sunday for sacrament and holy cow it was so hard! But it was good practice.

We were supposed to meet with alot of our investigators this week but most of the appointments fell through so that was sad. But we got to meet a referral from sister Parks who is from France so my companion got to speak some french again for the first time in a long time. She tells me she is forgetting her French which I hope that happens to me and I can forget my english haha! Anyway her name is Seila and she is from Cambodia but she was raised in Normandy and has lived in Vietnam for the past 7 years. Which actually is not very uncommmon. In Thao Dien there are alot alot of Foreigners who come and live here and teach English! It's kinda awesome!

We also got to go up to Hanoi for exchanges with the sisters in Longbien and Sister and Elder Thomason came over and brought dinner #blessed! It was so yummy! They are like my mission parents! It was so good to see them again! Speaking of accidents though Elder Thomason dislocated his shoulder trying to ride a hoverboard! So all kids over the age of 30-- stay off those things haha!

Anyway love you all! Thank you for your prayers and love! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Love sister Jenna Connell

me at the hospital

we found a baby lizard in our apartment

eww I sweat so much

watch tan lines

my comp thought the word "nap" was a Vietnamese word

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4