"And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities" Amos 4:6

Xin Chao

This week we had a couple interesting experiences with our investigators!

First of all Chi Phuong Anh. Last time we met we gave her a baptismal date for the end of July. We felt like maybe we should put it earlier so she could go to the temple with the branch, but both me and my comp have had mistakes in the past with putting a baptismal date too early because we get excited and our desires get in the way of the Lord's and it doesn't always work out. But we asked her to pray about it and knew the Lord would guide her decisions. Then when we met with her this week the first thing she said is " Hey am I allowed to get baptized earlier?" So that was a small little answer to prayer! the way she decided that date is a pretty cool story too I'll tell later! We met with her and talked about the atonement and because she is a dentist, related the atonement to going to the dentist. We talked about how we can try and clean our teeth daily to keep them clean but when we forget to brush them they get dirty. But Christ is like the dentist. He knows if we have been brushing our teeth or not. And no matter if we have or not He will clean our teeth thoroughly and completely. And then He asks us to continue brushing, flossing and whatever else to continue doing the things that will keep our teeth clean and healthy. Similarly Christ knows if we are doing what we are supposed to remain clean-- reading our scriptures, praying, repenting, etc... then through the Atonement we can be completely and thoroughly cleaned. All He asks in return is that we show our love for him and gratitude of his sacrifice through faith, repentance, staying true to our covenants and worthy to receive the Holy Ghost and endure to the end. It was such a powerful lesson and makes me think of how Christ ministers to others. He makes it personal and relatable. He knows us individually and he knows what will help us the best!

Then we have another investigator who has been learning for a long time now and is getting baptized in July and is so solid. Anyway we met with her on Saturday and before I even sat down she looked at me and said in english "This is the last lesson." And I'm all no it's not we haven't finished lesson 5. Then she explains that she is moving 2 hours outside of the city and can't meet with us anymore. Well I was pretty devastated at this point. And she continues to talk and all I can understand is thank you so much for your sacrifice and then she starts crying and I'm all what?! she is like one of the strongest people that comes to church. Anyway I was so lost the rest of the lesson and only caught a couple parts about a boyfriend and her family. Then she talks about how she doesn't want to change her baptism date and I'm all-- honey if you don't meet us you cant get baptized. Well we shared about the Holy Ghost again anyway and after the lesson I asked my comp "What just happened?" It turns out she is going to still drive down to our branch on Sunday mornings go to church and then we can teach her afterwards! I was so happy you can't even imagine haha! I've never felt so many emotions in such a short amount of time as I did in that hour haha!

Also we have a new investigator! She is a little sister of an awesome member Chi Trang (Tracey)! Tracey is always giving us referrals and trying to get us to teach her family but they live super far outside of our area but her little sister is here for the summer and wants to learn with us! She is awesome and already coming to all the activities! We had an adventure taking her to Than son Nhat for an English activity. It's about a 30 min bike ride and every-time I looked back to give her a thumbs up she would yell in English "I am not okay!" It was sooo funny!
Anyway its been a good week!

Love you all! Thank you so much for your prayers and love! Keep on keepin on!
Love Sister Jenna Connell


I found a cute little puppy

I love companions who are good at cooking

English class homies

I can honestly say I have never seen that in Utah


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4