And it came to pass that we did travel for the space of many days

Let me just start by saying I'm going be the fastest biker when I get back! We biked soooo much on Saturday! We had a couple of appointments super far away from each other and got lost every time! but we got some good contacting done cuz we had to stop and ask for directions a lot! There was one person we were going to visit at the end of the day and she was a former investigator named Chi Phung, who really loved learning but just got too busy to come to the church for hour long lessons with past missionaries. So we were like hey we can come to your house! so we did! we basically biked all over our area to find her house but we finally made it and she and her fiancee both want to learn! after that we were so tired from biking all day and after 45 minutes of trying to find our home we were still so lost and had no idea were we were. So I just started praying and just saying how tired I was and lost and I didn't know what to do and as soon as I closed my prayer I looked over to my left and see our apartment. Let me tell you we had no idea where we were and didn't recognize anything until we were at our home. Weirdest experience ever but I was so grateful!! But I am a big believer in prayer and know God listens and answers when our intent is real and our desires are righteous!

Also we have been so blessed to find so many prepared people to teach! We have a small family we have started teaching, a mom and her daughter  named Co Ngoc and Em Giao and they just kinda show up one week and turns out one of her daughters is a member in America and after relief society she is so sad cuz she just wants to understand what we are teaching but doesn't! It was so cute and we were like "Hey! we can help with that!" So now we are teaching them and they love it!

We also had a cool experience with a less active named Chu Nam- he is super smart and so solid he just can't come to church cuz he is a little busy with some things! His wife is not yet a member but knows the missionaries really well so we planned to go over and meet with both of them and invite her to learn. We prepared a lesson but then when we got there felt strongly to teach something else. But we didn't know what. So we just trusted in the spirit. We started by asking Chiu Nam his favorite scripture and he loves the Joseph Smith first vision story. Then he basically goes on to teach the whole restoration lesson really really well. It was so full of the spirit! I love how when we do our best to prepare and then trust in the Spirit everything will work out for those the Lord has prepared! Awesome!

Also we have had a lot of weird experiences with people wanting us to teach them English. We get so excited because so many people want to talk to us and then we find out they have no interest in the gospel only in English. It makes me so sad because I am here to bring them something wayyy better than English and they don't want it. But its okay cuz plenty of people who think they want to learn English start talking to us and find out they actually want to learn the gospel, so that is so happy!

okay phrase of the week:
tu tu roi chao cung se nhu thoi- basically means take your time but litterally means slowly the porridge will be the same as the time.

Okay that's about all! Hope all of you are happy and well!
Love,
Sister Connell
pics- actually I am the worst and didn't get any pics this week! so sorry...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4