Chào buổi sáng các cô chú và các anh chị em ( Morning everyone)

Whoa can't even believe it but another transfer has come and gone. I'll be moving out of good old District 7 and heading over to District 6!

It's been a very slow week which is always a little tough but I'm tough to so it's all good! We started this awesome program for this month called "Mọi Tín Hữu là Người Truyền Giáo" (Every member a missionary) And it's so fun to see how excited members are for it! A lot of time members are scared to share the gospel for fear of losing friends or not knowing what to say or being awkward. But we translated a "100 ways to do missionary work" into Vietnamese and are helping the members choose one! I have attached it below and my invitation to you is to pick one to do this week and do it! Then email me back and I'll get you something cool from Vietnam!  I promise you there are people around you just waiting to be reached out to! They are God's children and He loves them!

This week we learned a lot about using time more efficiently! Our biggest waste of time is traveling by bike so we have been trying to make that time more efficient by talking to people at stop lights or riding the bus more! And by doing that we found an awesome lady named Co Sang! She is Buddhist and has read the Bible a million times and knows it really well. She invited us to her house (Which never happens here so we were excited and didn't know what to do) But anyway she came to church yesterday and the lesson was about baptism and let me tell you she is a fireball haha! It was awesome!

Also The Coffee Guy is now learning the gospel. The one that gave us a chocolate shake and orange juice all the time. Turns out he knows about God (which is also kinda rare here) and has followed a lot of different churches to find the right one! And he knows about Mormons and Joseph Smith! He hasn't heard good things haha but is very very willing to listen to us and has some AWESOME questions! I'm so excited but also sad cuz I wont get to teach him cuz of transfers.

Okay one last story that is super cute! We were studying outside and this 93 year old Vietnamese man comes over and starts speaking french to us and we were like "we are so sorry we don't speak french but we do speak Vietnamese!" so he sits down with us and talks to us for like 45 minutes about his life and it was so cute! Anyway we have to go so we get up and are walking away and we see some foreigner and he is talking on the phone in VIETNAMESE!!!! and we are like WHAT!? what kinda foreigner knows Vietnamese??? so we go over and talk to him  and he tells us a short life story- basically he has been all over the world and picked up Vietnamese on the street and when his wife died he moved here. He is from France was not interested in what we had to share at all. But we told him there was an old man who wants to speak French with him and asked if he would go talk to him. We said good bye then watched him as he went and spoke to that sweet little man! It was sooooo cute!!!

Anyway I love this Gospel! I love Jesus Christ my Savior! I have been studying more in the New Testament and Jesus the Christ and wow let me tell you it is awesome! I know He lives and loves us! I pray that we can all become more like Him as we love, serve and forgive those around us!

Love Sister Jenna Connell!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4