Quick re-cap

K so real quick this week was a blur and I wish I remembered it better (or wrote better in my journal...oops) but here's the low down:

So Mission Leadership Conference was this week and it was awesome but also stressful. There are good things happening but I have a lot room for growth! Also Sister Chilies took us to an American/ European store to get some things for breakfast and guess what we found!? Kirkland Maple Syrup! let me just tell you maple syrup doesn't exist in Vietnam and neither does Costco. So I wasn't that surprised that it was over $25.

Anyway the work is really going right now and it's awesome! We are trying to get ready some people for baptism and we are running into a lot of walls. But it's fun to see the spirit guiding our lessons. We had a really cool lesson on the word of wisdom with Co Mai and she was like this is great and all but I am not giving up tea. But as we talked and listened to the spirit and related everything back to Christ's atoning power it became one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever been in.
Also we had a super cool story yesterday. We had just gotten done with a lesson with Em Tri and he was like dying through it. He kept falling asleep and was not understanding our Vietnamese and so 15 minutes in I just asked "do you need to go home and get some sleep." And he was like "no keep going I've got to stay and keep learning." So that was awesome. But after he went home we decided to stay at the church to do some language study and we get a call from a member who says "Come down stairs, I have something for you." So we do and there is a guy standing there and at first we were like are we in trouble? But turns out this man got a book of mormon about 3 or 4 years ago and has read it through more than a couple times. But he just found our church and came in last night and wants to discuss the book. Its so crazy that a book of mormon handed out so long ago could have led this man to the church! So awesome to see the Lords hand in things!

Love you all!
Sister Connell








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4