"You can't eat rice with chopsticks!"

So this week we go to eat rice (not a surprise since we eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner) but I am with my native companion and I go to grab some chopsticks and she is like "What are you doing? You cant eat rice with chopsticks." What!? my whole world got flipped upside down a little.

Anyway, its been a good week! We met someone from Canada this week and get this. She just barely met the missionaries in Canada a couple weeks ago and she went to church a couple times and then we just happen to run into her in the middle of Vietnam at a pizza hut. But she is so interested and so funny. Not your typical Vietnamese investigator ill tell you that. She is not even Vietnamese but she came to church and it was fun cuz I got to translate for her and it was so fun cuz after she had all these questions like "What is the difference between your church and the others? How is the Book of Mormon different from the Bible? Who is Joseph Smith? How do we find happiness in this world?" So basically I am so excited to teach her. And it made me see missionary work from a little bit of a different perspective cuz I can actually understand what I am saying. I have been kind of applying some of the things I have learned but in Vietnamese and it's super cool.

Also, we had a ton of people come to church this week and it's so fun when afterward they are like "That was really cool! How do I learn more?" We had a couple people like that this week. One was Co Binh and her son who the elders referred to us. She loves talking to us and we always have to tell her we are not English teachers and church is not an english activity and when we go to her house it's not for English. And yet everytime we show up to her house or she comes to church she always tells us how excited she is that we can teach her son English. But the nice thing is she also loves the gospel so its a win win.

We also have been meeting with a person named Anh Tuan. He is so good but so hard. He just doesn't feel it. We ask him about his prayers and reading and he says he just says the same things and just skims through the book of Mormon and then tells us he doesn't feel anything. Which was a bummer cuz we had a really good lesson and you could feel the spirit so strong as we testified of the atonement. But he just said maybe he felt something. We are not super surprised though. It's like digging a hole. How much work and effort you put in with your shovel is how much dirt you are going to get out. If you barely put in any effort you are not going to get a very big hole very fast. That's why I am so excited about this come follow me program! It leaves it completely up to us to decide how much we want to get out of the gospel! I have never studied the gospel so deeply or asked so many questions before! It's kinda like life. What you put in is what you get out most of the time.

Anyway, that's about it for this week! Have a good one

Love Sister Connell





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4