Happy Halloween!!



Xin Chao Gia Dinh va Cac Ban!

As of Sunday I offically only have 4 more weeks until I leave the MTC!! Yay but also AHHH!!!

Anyway this week has just been another average week in the MTC. Lots of learning and preaching the gospel! We are now up to 3 investigators and we got one to come to church! Speaking of church I gave a talk in church this last Sunday! We have to prepare talks every Sunday and you don't know if you are going to give them until they call you up to give it! I was excited though cuz it was on the Book of Mormon and I love the Book of Mormon. I thought it went well but our district leader fell asleep while I was talking so maybe it was boring haha idk!

Also in church my and 3 other sisters sang "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." I love that song and I'm not much of a singer but here at the MTC you not only have the gift of tongues but the gift of singing! so yeah that was cool!

Devotionals: I love the devotionals here! I feel like they are always exactly what I need to hear!! This last Sunday we had the Director of "Other Side of Heaven" (Mitch Davis) come and talk to us! His main points were GET CALLED, GET COURAGE  and GET LOST. He shared the story of Enoch in Moses 6 which I actually was studying alot this week because I feel like sometimes I'm not all that good at speaking in English let alone Vietnamese. But the Lord doesn't care about that, He called us to go forth and do as he has commanded. He will take care of the rest.
Brother Davis also said that good missionaries never get discouraged. They can be disapointed and will be disappointed but NEVER discouraged.
The last thing Brother Davis said was about getting lost. Sometimes missionaries are scared they are going to lose who they are. They say "I have got to learn to lose myself without losing myself." Brother Davis's reply to this is "Don't you trust Him? Are you afraid Heavenly Father is going to mess you up and turn you into something you don't want to be?" That was such an answer to me and some of my thoughts this week.

Funny story of the week: So i'ts like the Halloween season right? Well the Germans on our floor had a huge box full of candy. They put it on the sharing table on our floor so naturally we took a few pieces at first and then since it was on the sharing table we figured nobody wanted it so we took the whole box. We wake up the next morning and a few minutes later hear one of the German missionaries yelling "Who took the box of candy?! Why did you put it on the table! Are you kidding me!!" So I guess they didn't want us to take the whole box... oops. but it's all good, they are leaving soon and we are going to have 6 new Thai sisters on our floor so YAYYY!!!

Anyway thats about it for this week!! The language is coming along and I feel improvement each and everyday. I love the Gospel and the blessing it is in my life and the loves of others! I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know it's true! (also everyone who is reading this better be reading the Book of Mormon and if not I challenge you to everyday cuz it seriously helps you out so much in your life through its words and teachings. They are the words of Jesus and they will bring you closer to him as you read!)

I love you and miss you all and I hope you enjoy the first week of November!!

Love, Sister Connell

Pictures
Me and the cute jack-o-lantern i




made from a discarded pumpkin on the sharing table
Me and Sister Le with our super dope fly mission shirts!
The sisters in our zone with our shirts ( i didnt get the memo if we were smiling or not)
The people in charge of our weekly cleaning/service project gave us yummy halloween cookies!
Im trying to memorize a scripture a day in Vietnamese and this is one of them. If anyone can memorize it and pronounce it perfectly ill give you like something cool haha
11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4