I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4

Holy cow it has been quite a week!! and guess what! I have offically been here for one month!! which is crazy!!

Anyway I started out the week with an awesome devotional from Brent H. Neilson of the 70. His wife spoke about missions and related it to a 10k she ran on the fourth of July this past summer! Oh my maybe it's cuz I ran once upon a time but it hit me so hard!! man it was good! but she made 4 points. She said:
1) "I knew very little about running but I knew enough to run the race".  As a missionary I know very little about being a missionary but I know enough to come out here and serve the Lord
2)"I learned I wasn't the best in the race but I wasn't the worst." I am not the best missionary out here. 'Ill be honest I thought I would (haha) be but it's been humbling to see I still need to improve a lot! But I am also not the worst. I am trusting in God and doing my best
3)"I wasnt running alone." I am not running alone. I have Mission Presidents, companions, and districts that are going through very similar things.
4) "I was afraid and nervous to even try but the more I got into it the more determined I became" That just speaks for itself. When I got here I felt nervous, scared, unqualified and overwhelmed but I just had to put one foot in front of the other, do the things I knew how to do, and as things started picking up so did I and now I am more determined to do the Lord's will!!

So yeah that was so awesome for me! Speaking of running I am doing a lot of running. I'm not as fast as I once was at all but hey I still love it! Which if you are going to run in the MTC you have to love it cuz the only place I can run is the gym and the track there is tiny. You have to run 10 laps to get to a mile so this past couple days I have run 150 laps around a little track! so crazy!

Oh also we hosted this week so we go to pick up all the new little missionaries and oh my it was the funnest thing ever!! I love missionaries!! It got me so pumped and excited!! also I saw Elder Sonne, and Sister Squires from AF, and there are a ton of Davis kids here so that's way fun!! 

Also we changed classrooms so we are in the new building now!!!! yayayayay!! It is awesome! It's like I went from learning in a little jail to learning in like the coolest room ever! haha so it rocks!

Anyway language is coming along. It's super hard and there is so much work for me to do!! but it's good and I am hoping that I can be blessed with the interpretation of tongues cuz when our "investigators" say anything I'm always like "uhhh...." yeah but its cool cuz i can read it alright!

I love you all so much and I know the Lord loves you too!! I know that no matter what we are going through if we turn to Christ then he will strengthen us through our challenges!!

Keep on Keeping on

Sister (Chi) Jenna Connell


Pictures
i see so many familiar faces around the MTC
My family is the best cuz not only do they send me oreos but they also take bites out of my oreos before i get them
temple day part 5487
old bring classroom
New fun classroom!! (ft. Thay Phat)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible