Pray like it all depends on God, Work like it all depends on you! Week 2



Xin Chao friends and family!!!
I can't even believe I've been here a whole two weeks already!! the days go slow but the weeks just fly!! Anyway its been quite the week! The beginning of the week was kind of hard because I was a little homesick and stressed but I have learned one of the best things for me besides turning to the Lord in prayer and scripture study is first thing in the morning say "today is going to be a good day and I am going to be happy!" then it starts your day off right and you're good to go!

Teaching: We taught our investigator, Anh Thien, 3 more times this last week! Each time got a little bit better and by the last lesson we were able to ask him questions and sorta have a conversation in Vietnamese! Also we found out that that would be the last time we would be teaching him so we decided to invite him to be baptized even though we hadn't really talked about baptism. We just said "Hey since this is the last time we are meeting with you, want to be baptized?" and he was all "I was already baptized as a baby." Then we were all "Well dang it." then we said goodbye because we didn't know how to say anything in Vietnamese haha! But its all good cuz we found out that our "Investigator" is actually one of our teachers!!! That caught me totally off guard! but he is so good!

All of our teachers are converts to the church and it was such a testimony builder to me when I heard that because they all went on missions after they got baptized and now they are here teaching us so that we can bless others lives with the gospel just the way the missionaries blessed their lives!! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!!!

So funny story of the week: Our district was just eating our MTC dinner and this kid comes over with a bag of peppers. He's like hey y'all want some peppers? and we are like are they hot? and of course they said no not really but they taste really good. So the elders all took a couple and popped them in their mouths. Then like 5 seconds later they get all red faced and teary eyed and let me tell you I have never seen anyone sprint so fast to across the cafeteria for chocolate milk! they were all dying it was so spicy!

Devotionals: The devotionals here are so dope! Last Sunday we had the director of the Bible Videos about Christ come in and shows us pictures and such and then we got a sneak peak of the Book of Mormon videos coming soon!
Then we had Bonnie L. Oscarson come and talk to us about missionary work and how its hard but we are in the right place at the right time doing the right thing. I felt the spirit so strong and it comforted me and got rid of alot of my doubts

Also I joined choir which I cant really sing but it's so dope! The teacher reminds me of the MegaMind straight up! just way more spiritual! And holy something about 800 voices just bearing their testimonies at the same time through song just brings the spirit like none other!

Being on a mission is probably one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have found comfort in the story of Joseph Smith and how even though he had trials he turned to God every time. I also have found comfort in my savior Jesus Christ. He endured ALL our pain and our suffering so that he could understand us perfectly. "Why should it be easy for us if it wasn't easy for him?" I



know he lives and loves us and knows what we are going through. Because of the Atonement we can have hope and be happy

Love and miss you all
Chi Connell!
Pics:
One of our elders after eating the peppers
One of our elders taking a snooze during scripture study on sunday
our zone at the temple
I love the mountains here!!!
our sisters next door are super festive so they set up for halloween. They had to take it down cuz thats not allowed but it was dope while it lasted



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4