Line upon Line (Week 3)

Xin Chao Family and Friends!
Well it has been another very packed week! The number one lesson I have learned this week is that when we learn Gods way then its line upon line, here a little and there a little. I have learned this as I study Vietnamese! Its frustrating because I just want to know it all right now. I want to be able to go out and teach and share my testimony and say whats in my heart. But that s not how it works. We learn a little bit at a time and if  we accept what we learn and use it the Lord will give us more.

Anyway this week was pretty much the same as last week. We studied, we went to 6 hours of class a day, we learned so Vietnamese, we drank some chocolate milk and a whole bunch of other stuff. Although this week we started TRC's which is basically where we get to talk to just your everyday members of the church who come and volunteer at the MTC and we get to teach them little lessons like visiting teaching. Its super fun cuz its real people not just actors and even though we have to speak Vietnamese the environment is super chill! I love it! One of the people we taught was actually one of our teachers twins so that was super weird. They also served in the exact same mission and our teacher was his twin's trainer! how crazy is that!

This past week we have been able to get super close to our whole zone! We have Cambodian, Thai, Mong and Vietnamese speaking elders and sisters in our zone. All the Mong and Thai already left and the Cambodians leave today which is so sad but i am so excited for them!! but tomorrow we get new Thai and Mong missionaries and we get to host! which just means we pick them up from their cars and show them to their rooms! I'm so excited for that!

This last Friday was way cool though because it was the new MTC building dedication! President Eyring and Elder Oaks and Sister Oscarson were there and we were like on the fourth row!! it was so cool! They are such happy people and you could just feel their spirits and testimonies!

Also Elder Christopherson came and spoke to us last Tuesday for the devotional and it was broadcasted to all the MTCs in the world! Also the camera man before hand was all "Hey you guys look like good examples of missionaries so im going to film you so dont make weird faces or look at the camera." So basically I am now famous all over the world haha! Anyway Elder Christopherson talked about the Book of Mormon and how important it is! It was sooo good! The Book of Mormon is so important!

Thats about all! I wish i could fit everything in but I either forget it or run out of time! anyway thanks for all your love and letters! I love hearing from all of you!

Chi Connell!



I cant get over how beautiful fall has been!
One of the Thai sisters having a rough go cuz she couldnt decide if she wanted to shower or not
me and my cousin who works at the mtc
We found a cute note hidden in our room from some sisters last year!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him

A Bible! A bible! we have a bible

I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me- week 4